1. Tag your work
Affiliates: Macdonald Hotels & Resorts
Travel & Transport
bigmouthmedia, LBi, Digital Marketing, Digital Media, Affiliates, Affiliate Marketing, Travel, Hotels,
Must include http://
2. Upload your work (you can use the same image for the main and thumbnail versions but if you do please ensure that the image has a different file name from the thumbnail version):
Formats supported .JPG, .GIF and .PNG
3. Upload a thumbnail of the work below: This will represent your work throughout the site (optimal size is 160W X 150H in pixels).
4. Describe the work.
• Proactive affiliate marketing strategy based around development and enforcement of new T&Cs, use ofbespoke offers, and improving coverage of hotel name and brand-hybrid terms using trusted affiliates
• 110% YoY overall increase in annual revenue
• 14% YoY decrease in CPC for hotel campaigns
• Improved ROI across all online channels
Once confidence in the affiliate channel had been restored, there was the potential to devise bespoke campaigns for individual hotels to help boost sales. We tested three different types of campaigns running alongside each other in the first three months comprising:
• Increasing commission for one hotel
• Advertising exclusive customer offers for one hotel
• Combining an exclusive customer offer for one hotel with increased commission
Results from the first three months showed, surprisingly, that option ii delivered the best results and that increased commissions had no impact for these hotels. Bigmouthmedia therefore opted to promote the exclusive customer offer for a number of hotels throughout the year, the impact of which can be seen below.
On average, an exclusive customer offer to the affiliate channel saw:
• 200% increase in monthly bookings
• 219% increase in revenue
“Bigmouthmedia has been a key driving force in the improvement and progression of Macdonald Hotels´affiliate marketing channel and has managed to extend the benefits to the organic and paid search spaces too. The bigmouthmedia team has become an important extension of the Macdonald Hotels marketing department. We really appreciate their invaluable input and are delighted with the results.”
Sales and Marketing Director,
Macdonald Hotels & Resorts
To read the full case study please click on the image above
5. Select the agency you did this work at
6. Press Save to submit your work for approval.
Your work will only appear on the site after it has been approved by your agency.
the number of people who worked on this
the number of people who like this
the number of comments
the number of views